565 days of Yay
This post started as 555 days of yay, but meanwhile it’s gone over to 565 days of yay. Such is life. The first commit on yay was on Sep 5, 2016.
The first tagged version of yay was
v1.70, Dec 2, 2016.
stable for everyday use to the features and then I released
the following day which
Fixed critical bug that prevented AUR dependencies from being installed..
Such is life.
New interesting features since first release
- Ask if yay should try to import missing PGP keys #179
- Use git ls-remote to track devel updates (Very fast devel update checking)
- Use numbermenu for cleanBuilds and editPkgbuilds #227
Vision for future yay versions
- Parallelizing more portions
- Developing a test infrastructure for yay and go-alpm
- Developing a better release structure